Best Gaming Controllers for PC 2018
Controllers for pc 2018: Gaming is such a subject that most of the people all around the globe love to do. One can decrease stress by playing games and also be done for a fun purpose. Certainly, nowadays the craze for gaming has gone much higher than it was nearly 5 years before, with time the craze for gaming is also increasing. We have got such a brilliant technology in front of us that we must appreciate, the increase and development of technology have taken us to a new level where we see the invention of new gadgets on a regular basis.
Gadgets starting from our Smartphone to our television that we use. Well, gaming devices are not far away they are also upgraded from time to time, with the release of new brands we get new gaming products and also a new gaming experience. There is so many gaming stuff out there that we will surely discuss in our upcoming posts but for now, we will discuss one of the most important accessories for gaming which is the Game Controller.
You might already have one but if you don’t sit back and check out our latest take on Top gaming controllers for PC. We have seen most of the people talks about console gamers but there is not much hype for PC gamers. I personally love to play FIFA 18 but I don’t have a console so i decided to go for Origin Gaming which is for PC.
So I purchased FIFA for PC from EA’s official website but the next question comes which controller should i choose as i had a tight budget and not all console controllers support PC gaming. I searched the Internet and got myself a Controller and it worked well for me. Well, i want to make it easier for you people who are searching the web for Best gaming Controller for pc or best Joystick for pc. Below we have mentioned our top picks on Different controllers that you can use.
Gaming Controllers for PC 2018 | Joystick for PC | PC Controller | Game Controllers
Here is the list of our top picks of gaming controllers 2018:
ZD-V+ USB Wired Gaming Controller Gamepad:
Gaming Controllers for PC 2018 | Joystick for PC | PC Controller | Game Controllers: This is by far the best controller I’ve used for PC. It feels great in my hands, it’s comfortable, all the buttons are easy to reach, the analog sticks are well balanced, and most importantly the buttons are well-built and responsive. Overall, it’s solidly built and feels like a quality controller. I can’t overstate how smooth and responsive this controller is, and that’s impressive considering the solid price point.
So far, the vast majority of games have mapped automatically to the controller without requiring me to do anything. I’ve used it for FIFA 18, FIFA 17, NBA 2k16, MLB 2k, Dark Souls, and FPS games like Hard Reset. I’m also planning to use it for NES/SNES/Genesis emulator games.
NOTE: I’m primarily a PC player, and the only consoles I’ve owned in recent years have been XBox consoles. Despite that, I selected this controller, which is Playstation-style, instead of one of the many Xbox controller Style. But if you’re used to those Xbox-style controllers, you should adjust to this without any problem.
◆ Matters Needing Attention
(1) The device doesn’t support Xbox 360 / Xbox One / Mac OS / PS4.
(2) DirectX 9.0c or above may be installed if the device is to be used in Windows 10 or above.
(3) If the device is unable to be used in Windows systems, please try to install the latest version of Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller gamepad driver.
(4) The vibration-feedback function can only be used in PC games supporting Xinput mode and the function may need to be enabled in games.
(5) If you want to use the gamepad in devices with Micro-USB interfaces, you need to purchase OTG adapter or cable separately.
(1) PC Windows XP / 7 / 8 / 10. Games should support Xinput / DirectInput mode, and some games may need to set the buttons before use.
(2) Android (version 4.0 or above, and the device must fully support OTG function). Games should support Android, and some games may need to set the buttons before use.
(3) PlayStation 3 can realize plug and play function.
(1) It supports plug and plays, only for PC games supporting Xinput mode / Play Sation 3. Some games may need to set the buttons or use the third-party software before use.
(2) Vibration Feedback Function.
(3) Multi-mode: Xinput / DirectInput.
(4) JD-SWITCH Function, which can exchange the functions of D-pad and Left-Stick in Xinput mode.
(5) Product Size: 150x105x65mm
(6) Product Weight: 216g
(7) Supporting Interface: USB 2.0 / 3.0
◆ Package List
English Instruction Manual x1
ZD-V+ Wired Gamepad x1 (equipped with 1.5M USB cable)
2. ZD T Gaming wired Gamepad Controller Joystick For PC:
Gaming Controllers for PC 2018 | Joystick for PC | PC Controller | Game Controllers: This is also one of our picks on the top controller’s list, The controls are responsive, and the controller has a nice heft to it. It’s not as heavy as an Xbox One controller, but it feels just as solid and fits comfortably in the hands. The controller itself actually lights up, which is great for night gaming (which is usually what I like to do). It also has vibrate function and, for me, clicking the home button on the center of the controller pops open Steam, which is a handy feature. It has an extra long USB cable. Held up really great considering if you use your controller for heavy usage.
(1)It does not support Xbox 360 / Xbox One / Mac OS.
(2)You need to install the DirectX 9.0c or above if want to use on Windows 10.
(3)The vibration function needs the support of the PC games when the gamepad is in Xinput Mode.
(4)Some Android devices would not support the controller for hardware or chip problem(e.g. not support OTG), for more details please contact the device manufacturers.
For PC Windows XP / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10. Windows Xp need install the Xbox 360 Controller Offical driver.
For Android OS (above version 4.0), please make sure the device entirely support the OTG function.
For Play Station 3&Steam.
※ Plug and Play, limited to the PC games that support the Xinput Mode.
※ JD-SWITCH Function, switch the function of the D-pad and the Left Stick.
※ Full Vibration Feedback on PC Windows limited to the PC games that support the Xinput Mode.
※ Turn on/off the indicator light at your choice
◆ Package List
√ OTG adapter*1
√ English Manual * 1
√ T Wired Gamepad(with 2M USB cable) * 1
3. GameSir G3w Wired Gaming PC Controller:
Gaming Controllers for PC 2018 | Joystick for PC | PC Controller | Game Controllers: It is One of the High-quality controllers, that i have used it for a while now and it feels like the buttons are of better quality than first party equivalents. Feels like a 60$ controller but currently sells at 22$, can’t get better than this.
The negative critique i can give it is that the analog sticks are a little bit too sensitive and that the cord feels a bit loosely attached to the controller. But these are minor problems and the quality of the d-pad/buttons, in combination with the lower price, makes it worth it in the end. If you Like Game Heavily than this is not for you as the R2 and L2 button get weak at some point if you apply heavy pressure.
- ✔ Supports Windows 10/8.1/8/7, Play Station 3/ Android TV Box/ Android smartphone(Need OTG function). Note: Don’t support the PS4/Xbox one/ Xbox 360/Mac/iOS
- ✔ Compatible with Steam games, Raspberry Pi, X-input/D-input Games,
- ✔ Dual Vibration game experience in PC games. Don’t support on android smartphone.
- ✔ Plug and Play, no need to install the driver on windows PC, multiple platform gamepad for your device
- ✔ Classical button layout and comfortable designed.
4. MYGT Wireless Gaming Controller Gamepad:
Gaming Controllers for PC 2018 | Joystick for PC | PC Controller | Game Controllers: This is hands-down the best feeling PC controller at this price point. It is almost a 1:1 clone of the Xbox One controller. All of the buttons are in the same layout except for the start / select buttons.
When it is connected to your PC via the supplied dongle it is automatically detected as an Xbox One controller, and all of the buttons adjust accordingly. I also use an Xbox one controller game on my PC and thought that this controller would not stand a chance against the Xbox one controller, however, I was wrong. The buttons are very responsive and have a nice click whenever you hit them. It even has a vibration. For less than $30, you cannot beat this controller for gaming. The price to get the Xbox one controller + the wireless dongle together comes to $75. That is more than double the price of this unit.
– Feels great in hands (IF you like the feel of the Xbox One controller)
– Responsive buttons (No detectable input lag when using the supplied dongle)
– Easy to set up (most games are set up to automatically support the Xbox one controller. All of those games will also support this controller right out of the box)
– Built-in rechargeable battery
– IOS requires jailbreaking in order to make this controller compatible with games
– Nowhere to store the supplied USB dongle on the controller itself
5. SteelSeries Stratus XL, Bluetooth Wireless Gaming Controller:
Gaming Controllers for PC 2018 | Joystick for PC | PC Controller | Game Controllers: I’ve been looking for a good Bluetooth gamepad for pc for years before coming across this one. This is the same company that made the keyboard for my MSI GE72 laptop and I figured the quality would carry over into other products and I wasn’t disappointed. It’s comfortable with a good solid feel to it. Pairing the device is easy (I’m using windows 10), just go to Settings -> Devices -> Bluetooth and turn the controller on. The window should see it and give you the option to connect.
The controller has minimal lag and feels about as responsive as a PS4 controller does. Using XInput you shouldn’t have to mess with anything to get it to work with games and I’ve been using it without a headache for both Steam and emulators. If you want to have it connected with a wire there is a USB port in the battery compartment.
I only have a couple of complaints which, all things considered, are a little nitpicky. First, the controller is a little on the petite size so it took a little getting used to. Second, when it goes to sleep there is no button push to wake it back up the way you have on a PS4, instead you have to turn it off and back on again. Lastly, the only way to have a USB cable plugged in is to leave the battery cover off.
- Home and Back buttons for seamless gaming on Android 3.1+ devices
- Compatible with Windows 7 and up, as well as Samsung Gear VR, HTC Vive, Oculus, and for use with thousands of controller-enabled games
- Works great with Steam Big Picture mode for an immersive gaming experience
- Leverages Microsoft’s XInput and DirectInput for use on a variety of platforms
- Bluetooth dongle adapter purchased separately.
6. EasySMX Wireless 2.4G Gamepads:
Gaming Controllers for PC 2018 | Joystick for PC | PC Controller | Game Controllers: The controller is sturdy, well constructed and the buttons and joysticks felt responsive. According to the manual, you are supposed to download a driver from their website. I tried and it was there but the file was damaged and it wouldn’t load. When I tried to access it using another route, I got a 404 message. But, the good news is, you don’t actually need a driver if you’re running it on Windows. The joystick control panel sees it as a regular USB game controller. Well, it has a look as an Xbox 360 controller. I used it in a racing game and it saw it and just worked. I’d say it feels about as solid and performs about as well as an Xbox 360 controller for a lot less money.
- EasySMX Wireless game Controller Supports PC (Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10), PS3, Android, Vista, TV box and Android (version 4.0 or above, the device must fully support OTG function)
- 2.4G Wireless Transmission Technology ensures stable connection and zero delays offers a range up to 10 meters (32.8 feet). You can sit far away from the game console and enjoy playing without fearing data loss or signal interference
- Asymmetric vibrating motor brings you a different feeling of vibration levels, including headshots, explosion, and collision. The gamer feels as if they are right there on the battlefield
- The gamepad’s shape fits your hands naturally. Handgrips adopt textured rubber that increases friction, prevent hand sweat from making the gamepad sticky. Completely comfortable for people even for long time game playing
- The game controller is powered by 2 pieces of AA batteries. 2 pieces of 1800mAh AA batteries enable the gamepad to work up to 20 hours. The battery is NOT included in the package
7. Logitech Gamepad F310:
Gaming Controllers for PC 2018 | Joystick for PC | PC Controller | Game Controllers: The F310 is a fairly cheap feeling controller, but it is fairly cheap in price, so nobody should be too surprised. I would argue you actually get a tad more than you pay for with this controller.
The d-pad is a good improvement over the Xbox 360’s. The face buttons and shoulder buttons are responsive and clicky and the analog sticks seem pretty good. The stick tops are a little slippery, and you may lose your grip with your thumbs occasionally( if you sweat a lot ).
The analog triggers function in 2 modes controlled by a switch in the back: Either as DirectInput, where both triggers share 1 axis (meaning you can’t press both at the same time) or as Xinput, where they both act as digital triggers (losing the analog precision but allowing you to press both at once). For some games, you may wish to try different modes.
Also, there’s a “mode” button that swaps the d-pad and left analog stick. This may come in handy in some games where the analog stick isn’t supported but you prefer to use it. It could also come in handy if the analog sticks are required for a game, even though the movement in the game is digital, and you want to use the d-pad.
Overall, if you are looking for a cheap controller for your PC then you must go for Logitech F310 It has lots of uncommon but handy configuration options, even though it is lacking in build quality. For those looking for a higher quality controller, be prepared to pay twice as much or more.
- Simple plug-and-play USB connection — works with Windows XP, Vista and 7
- Customizable with Profiler software (requires software installation)
- Broad game support—works with popular new titles and old favorites
- 10 programmable buttons, 8-way programmable D-pad
- Broad game support—works with popular new titles and old favorites
- Customizable with Profiler software* (*requires software installation)
- 10 programmable buttons, 8-way programmable D-pad
- Simple plug-and-play USB connection — works with Windows XP, Vista and 7
8. AmazonBasics Xbox One Wired Controller:
Gaming Controllers for PC 2018 | Joystick for PC | PC Controller | Game Controllers: The AmazonBasics XBOX One Wired Controller is a good, basic wired controller. Like most of the AmazonBasics products I’ve tried, it is well made and functions as it should. The analog sticks are responsive (although they seem a little smaller than the ones on the stock XBONE controller) and feel good. Button response (face buttons, bumpers, and triggers) are all good, although the bumpers are even “clickier” than the stock controllers. The D-pad actually seems very good, particularly in 2D games where it would matter most. I just played a bit of Odallus: The Dark Call (a 2D indie platformer that hearkens back to games like Castlevania, Ghosts & Goblins and Wizards and Warriors) and the D-pad didn’t miss a beat.
The build quality seems good for what you’re paying. It’s on the lightweight side, but not surprisingly so. It feels solid and in line with Amazon’s previous attempts at gaming controllers (like the Fire TV controller, which I think is also pretty good). If you are looking for an inexpensive, but solid controller, this offering from AmazonBasics is a good option.
- Black wired controller for Xbox One plugs directly into Xbox One via 9.8-foot USB cable
- Dual rumble motors create a realistic gaming experience
- 3.5mm jack for plugging in headsets (not included)
- Compatible with select PC games on Windows 8 and above
- Officially licensed by Xbox; backed by an AmazonBasics one-year limited warranty
9. Razer Serval -Gaming Controller:
Gaming Controllers for PC 2018 | Joystick for PC | PC Controller | Game Controllers: After trying every cheap (<$30) wireless controller, this was the only one that was usable for me. The buttons are different than on most controllers – they have a small actuation force and distance, with a quiet and distinct click. I like it, personally. It had annoying connection problems at first, but they’ve been fixed, and now it’s the ideal controller for me.
The joysticks and triggers feel great, on-par with the PS4 controller. The A/B/X/Y buttons feel a bit odd and have a very short travel. They don’t feel like typical game console controllers but are very easy to get used to and I rather like them. The D-pad, it’s four separate arrow buttons rather than one multi-button like you’d expect. The L/R bumpers feel a little cheap. I don’t really like that they chose to power it with AA batteries; having an internal battery would have been nicer.
PROS: Actually works on my computer!
– Pretty ergonomic. (light, buttons press easily)
– Good battery life (buy a cheap rechargeable pack though)
– decent customization options in the software (independent sensitivities and dead zone settings for each thumbstick, and very intuitive software for setting them up.)
– sometimes (I guess because a thumbstick is slightly offset) it fails to go to sleep and drains the battery.
- Gaming-grade precision controls with 4 hyperesponse action buttons
- Optimized for Android gaming, including Android Back and Home navigation buttons
- Designed for both Wired (1.5 Micro USB to USB), and Bluetooth Wireless play styles
- Adjustable game clip for mobile gaming on the go
- Capable of multiple device pairings, engineered to be compatible across all platforms
10. Razer Wolverine Ultimate Chroma- Fully Customizable Gamepad Controller:
Gaming Controllers for PC 2018 | Joystick for PC | PC Controller | Game Controllers: Razer controllers are better than the Elite controller is their built-in chat & program pad. You can quickly program the 6 customizable buttons without the help of any software and quickly change assignments on the fly. It can store two profile assignments and also adjust chat and game volume
– You can swap the rubber domed metal- thumbsticks, D-pad out to match your preference whether you like the stock Xbox controller feel, taller wider or dome-shaped thumbsticks – there’s one for every preference. While the magnets that hold the thumbsticks and D-pad is strong they can still come out if the controller falls or is kept face down.
If you prefer high precision or semi-automatic weapons in your FPS games, then you can get in significantly more number of shots faster than you would on a regular controller. The importance of that in a tense encounter with another player cannot be understated. Also unlike the Wildcat controller, you don’t have to activate a special ‘Hair Trigger’ mode on this controller as some games do not accurately recognize trigger locks. The Wolverine controller does that automatically the moment you engage the trigger locks.
The positioning of the additional shoulder buttons M1 & M2 is genius if you ask me and once you get used it, you will stop using the regular shoulder buttons LB & RB. That’s because when your fingers are on the LT & RT fingers are already exactly where the shoulder M1 & M2 buttons are located. That way you can operate them without having to lift your fingers off the triggers – Another advantage in multiplayer.
The Wolverine controller is miles better than their own Wildcat controller (and by extension the Xbox Elite controller). It is so good that I don’t like using my Wildcat anymore as it does give a very tangible edge to my gameplay and has better overall ergonomics and precision.
- With interchangeable thumbsticks and two interchangeable D-Pads, swap between optimized thumbstick heights and shapes, and quickly change between a tilting or individual D-Pad button layout
- The Razer Wolverine Ultimate comes loaded with a slew of extra buttons for advanced gaming—2 remappable Multi-Function bumpers, 4 Multi-Function triggers, and a Quick Control Panel
- With the remapping function both on-the-fly or with Razer Synapse for Xbox, you can master next-level techniques like moving and aiming with both thumbsticks
- Show off your personal style with Razer Chroma’s wide selection of lighting effects and stunning profiles, completely customizable through Razer Synapse for Xbox
- Optimized ergonomics that stay comfortable after hours of practice, and interchangeable parts so it adapts to your hands and playstyle.